1Password purchase

Options
CJA1226
CJA1226
Community Member

I purchased 1Password thru apples app store for my mini iPad. I would like to install 1Password on my iMac. Do I have to purchase 1Password again for my iMac.
Thanks

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The iOS and OS X versions of 1P are different apps so I'm afraid the answer is that you do need to buy the OS X app if you want to run 1P on your iMac.

One tip for you: if you want to use iCloud sync you should buy the OS X version from the Mac App Store because the latest version of 1P from the AgileBits store doesn't support iCloud sync (following changes made by Apple). I don't know if you're yet running OS X Yosemite but as soon as you are you'll meet that problem if you want to use iCloud to sync and don't buy from the App Store.

Stephen

• CJA1226
    CJA1226
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your rapid response.
    I am slightly confused. Should I wait for the app store version? Which would be better?

Thanks
    Chester

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The Mac version is already available in the Mac App Store. If you're updat d to Yosemite, it will be version 5. If not, it will be version 4.something.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have a look at this page of the knowledge base for more guidance on whether to buy from AgileBits or the App Store.

Stephen

• CJA1226
    CJA1226
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help guys. Going to the app store.

Chester

• Hi @CJA1226,

I'm glad Stephen and hawkmoth were able to assist. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.