Generic account (generated on Win PC) among Logins in iOS

Options
lexvis
lexvis
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

Hi,

I am using version 4.1.0.526 (for Windows) and 5.1 for iOS.

When I create a Generic account item on my Windows PC, after sync it becomes visible among my other logins on my iOS devices.

Is this supposed to be that way?

Should they not represent a seperate category in iOS as well?

Comments

• Good morning @lexvis‌ and thanks for taking the time to write in. 1Password for Windows actually supports this older generic account item type that we no longer have on iOS. To that end, generic accounts are displayed as Logins on iOS.

In short, yes, it is supposed to be that way. Thanks for being a 1Password customer!

• lexvis
    lexvis
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response,

By leaving that category out of the iOS app accountitems clutter the loginlist. Was this a limitation of iOS or a conscient choice?
    For a multiplatform application this discrepancy is a little bit disappointing.
    Do you think that in the foreseeable future there will be more uniformity in these kind of aspects?

• I would say that it is more of a side effect than a conscious choice. One of things that we're hoping to do going forward is create more uniformity amongst our supported platforms. Thank you for the feedback, it means a lot to us.

• lexvis
    lexvis
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, got it.
    Nice to see that it's in scope.

I don't mean to be a pain in the neck, it's more that I really care about good stuff getting even better.
    Cheers!

• And it's folks like you that help us continue to make 1Password the best password manager around, so thank you!

This discussion has been closed.