Cancer, Chemo, 1Password and multiple Mac Pros

Options
michad
michad
Community Member

Interesting times to say the least, I checked out rather quickly in June of this year having surgery to resect a brain tumor. While I was out of communication, my wife and cousin needed access into secure sites that were normally easily found in 1Password on my Mac. They needed to change my AppleID because I was not quite the Mac guy I had been and had locked myself out of iPhone and iPad. When this was corrected by changing my Apple ID Password we desynced the Keychain Password from iCloud and generally it's been fun times cleaning up the mess. So here's the question, succinctly; How do I configure 1Password so that any updates made by an iPhone, iPad or 'other Mac Pro' will be written to the same vault and we will always have access to the latest, 'correct' password? I do not anticipate that we'll lose contact again, but there are going to be two Mac Pro computers in two different locations and they need to stay in sync, cancer or no.

Comments

• Hi @michad,

I'm sorry to hear about the tumor. I wish you the best with that fight. As for Sync... it should absolutely be possible to get this running again.

If you are using 1Password from the Mac App Store, then it should be as simple as going into 1Password > Preferences > Sync, and enabling iCloud sync on all devices. They should all be able to merge successfully even if they got disconnected.

If you're using 1Password directly from our website, then you should know that iCloud Sync is no longer available on there as of version 5.0. You can read more about this on our blog : http://blog.agilebits.com/2014/10/21/about-icloud-changes-in-1password-5/

I'd recommend using Dropbox sync if you're using the website version of the app, which is nearly as simple to setup as iCloud once you have a Dropbox account.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• michad
    michad
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I'll wait for a side-grade to the App Store version, I've been buying directly from agile bits so long I never noticed or was inticed to check out the App Store version. Dropbox shouldn't be too much for me to implement. Now recovering the 1-drive dead Raid 5 OWC drive laughs at me, taunting me that I don't have to chops to overcome it (I WILL). Thanks for the suggestion and I'll dig into the link on the changes. I only have one other minor anomoly with my new update in Yosemite not filling in safari test boxes reliably but I bet thats going to be answer with a little digging. Thanks for the well-wishes, it's a wonderful life and I will hang out long enough to see my sons try to figure out Mac OS X 20.11

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @michad,

I wish you the best of luck with your recovery! You sound very positive about it, which is great. :smiley:

If you need any help to set up Dropbox sync in 1Password on Mac or iOS, we have steps in our User Guides here:

If you have any questions, just let us know.

This discussion has been closed.