Problem with iCloud Sync

Options
nmarshall
nmarshall
Community Member

Hi

I have an iMac running Mavericks, plus an iPhone and an iPad running iOS 8.1 (but the sync problem existed before today's update from 8.0.2).

Earlier today I noticed that my iPad did not update with a password I had amended on the Mac. When I started investigating, I initially followed the advice I found on this forum to get things back syncing correctly:

• Stop the iOS devices syncing
  • Stop the Mac syncing and choose to delete data
  • Turn everything off and on again
  • Restart the Mac and turn on iCloud syncing
  • Restart the iOS devices

This did not work, so I then uninstalled the iOS software and reinstalled it, just in case, but still no joy, except that I discovered that whether or not I had deleted the iCloud data using the option on the Mac, there was still something there that the iOS devices were seeing when I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and chose to sync with existing data, rather than create a new vault.

Not only that, but they were seeing the same iCloud file, as they both loaded the same number of items (different to the number on the Mac) and I was able to sync data between iPad and iPhone and the Mac did not see the changes. They are living in a parallel universe of out of date information.

Any idea how I can get everything looking at the same file?

Nick

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Macs running Mavericks cannot iCloud sync with iOS devices running iOS 8. You'd need to upgrade the Mac to Yosemite and 1Password 5.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.