Domain matching in iOS?

Options
reck
reck
Community Member

Does Domain matching work on iOS?

Thanks

Comments

• Good afternoon @reck, and thanks for taking the time to write in. Could you give me a little more information on what domain matching is in this case and how you expect it to work?

When using 1Password to fill a login on a website it will use the website's domain to find matching logins. Is this what you're looking for?

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Hello MrRooni,

On the Windows client if I go to Preferences->Logins->Domain matching I can setup sites with different urls to use the same credentials.

For instance I could create one set of credentials to login to the following sites.

www.amazon.co.uk
    www.audible.co.uk
    www.lovefilm.co.uk

Does iOS support this? If so where do I go to set this up? Alternatively can it be setup on Windows and then synced to iOS?

Thanks

• Good morning @reck. 1Password for iOS will not sync the domain matching settings from Windows. However, you can replicate the behavior by adding the matched domains to your logins. For instance, if you have a Citi login item, you can edit it and add citicards.com and citi.com to it. 1Password will then sync those domains and allow you to use the same set of credentials across all those sites.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

In that case is there any benefit to using domain matching? As you suggest I could add the extra urls to the logins themselves which is available on PC and iOS. If the results are the same I don't see the reason to have the domain matching feature in at all?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reck,

This is one of the joys of designing software on multiple platforms. Sometimes it's hard to have the features perfectly matched up everywhere. :) Some things are done a bit differently on Windows than they are on Mac and iOS. We're constantly working to bridge this gap and make the software as consistent as possible, but you might run into a few situations where things don't quite click.

In this case, you won't need the domain matching feature on Windows if you've already input the extra URLs on iOS.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

In that case i'll forget about the domain matching feature and just use multiple urls per login when required. Thanks for the clarification Megan.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @reck.

This discussion has been closed.