1Password mini location

Options
Novaoblivion
Novaoblivion
Community Member

Hi,

Loving 1Password 5 so far, but I do have one request. At work I generally use multiple monitors and now that 1P mini doesn't come down from the menu bar it always appears on the 'primary monitor'. Which unfortunately is not always where my browser window is. If it would pop on whichever monitor has 'focus' much like spotlight it would be fantastic.

Keep up the good work!

Comments

• @Novaoblivion‌ Good idea. Spotlight has been part of our inspiration, so matching that would make sense, I think.

Thanks!

Rick

• Novaoblivion
    Novaoblivion
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome I look forward to it in a future update :)

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Novaoblivion‌,

On behalf of Rick, thank you!

In the meantime, you can try and use opt+cmd+\.

Please let us know whether it works for you on multiple monitors.

Cheers!

Rad

• jburdick
    jburdick
    Community Member
    Options

Along this same thread, is there a way to force 1Password Mini to dropdown from the menu bar? If I'm on a website and I hit cmd-\ to invoke 1Password and my cursor is in the middle of the screen, when 1Password mini comes up, the cursor location will cause the focus of the 1Password list to change to wherever the cursor is instead of the top of the logins list, which means I can't just hit enter to select the top login since the focus has changed. I hope I'm explaining myself adequately. With the previous version of 1Password and 1Pw mini this wasn't an issue since the menu always dropped from the menu bar.

• Hi @jburdick‌,

The only way to guarantee that 1Password mini is attached to the menu bar is to click the icon in the menu bar. If invoked via keyboard shortcut it's currently set to show up as a window in the centre. We'll keep this in mind as a feature request for the future. The one thing you can do that might help is to click/drag the mini's window when it shows up in the centre to a location that works better for you. It won't be attached to the menu bar, but you can probably get it pretty close to the right location that way. It'll remember its position, and will show up there upon subsequent invocations. If ever you want it back in the centre simply drag it back roughly to the centre of the display and it should snap back into place.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.