MrC's Convert to 1Password Utility (mrc-converter-suite)
Note: This thread is now locked. Please see the following announcement for more current information:
The mrc-converter-suite helps convert various forms of data into a format that can be easily imported by 1Password (version 4 and above).
In most cases the process will take just a few minutes. The four basic steps for typical usage are:
- Prepare Your Data
- Import into 1Password
A few specialty converters are available too, one for printing 1Password exported data or converting it to CSV, one for importing text files into 1Password, and one for importing vCard contacts.
The utility runs on OS X or Windows. The table below shows the list of converters:
|Safe in Cloud
|Norton Identity Safe
|IronKey Identity Manager
Let's Get Started!
- Download the mrc-converter-suite zip archive.
- Unzip the downloaded archive (see Notes below).
- Move the mrc-converter-suite folder onto your Desktop.
- Double-click the README.html file for step-by-step instructions.
Want More Help?
For more help, look inside the Extra Help folder at the link above. You'll find a Screenshots and Samples folder, and a Videos folder. [ Note: updated video and screenshots coming soon ]
If you have any questions, please post them here. Be sure to mention:
- your version of 1Password
- the name and version of the password manager you are converting from
- your OS and version: Windows or Mac OS X
Many users have benefited from remote help. If you find the conversion process too difficult, don't hesitate to ask for help. The process takes just a few minutes.
Comments and feedback are always welcome.
The mrc-converter-suite utility is not an AgileBits product, nor do I work for AgileBits. I'm a user like you who just loves 1Password.
- Some browsers may automatically unzip the archive and store the folder in your Downloads area - just move the mrc-converter-suite folder to your Desktop. To unzip the archive: on macOS, just double-click the zip file; on Windows, double-click the zip file, and drag the folder mrc-converter-suite to your Desktop.
- The converter suite is supported and tested on OS versions of at least Windows 7 or macOS Sierra. Earlier versions of these OS' are no longer tested. Conversion may or may not work there.