1password safari extension vanishes every time when safari is closed

Options
Florian Bauer
Florian Bauer
Community Member

Hello,
I have 1password 5 installed and the safari extension is not stored in the browser. Every time safari is closed, it is gone and has to be installed again.
Any idea why?
Thank you!

Comments

• flundsten
    flundsten
    Community Member
    Options

I have upgraded to OS Yosemite, reinstalled 1P to version 1Password 5 Version 5.0.1 (501000) Agile Web Store, and through the menu item in 1P, downloaded and installed the Safari extension. It downloads correctly, installs without an issue and works until Safari is closed, then the extension is missing in the Safari preferences and needs to be installed again. I have followed the various instructions in the forums with same result.

• Hi @flundsten‌,

Hrmmm... that sounds pretty frustrating. I wonder if Safari is maybe failing to actually install the extension into its folder as it's expected to do. Can you double check something for me?

• Open a Finder window
    • From the Go menu, choose Go to Folder...
    • In the sheet that appears, copy paste this (including the ~) : ~/Library/Safari/Extensions/
    • Click 'Go'

Finder should navigate you to where it installs the extensions after it loads them up. Is there a 1Password.safariextz located in folder?

If not, I suspect that you have permissions issues on your disk which would stop Safari from being able to write the file to disk. You can repair disk permissions by:

• Launching Disk Utility from /Applications/Utilities
    • Selecting your disk on the left side bar
    • On the right, under the First Aid tab, there should be a Repair Disk Permissions button

Give that a shot, let us know how it turns out.

Rick

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does this post from AgileBits help at all?

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Florian Bauer

I've merged your post with the one that @Stephen_C linked to, just so we can keep this conversation in one place - does Rick's post help you at all?

This discussion has been closed.