1P5: no backups in Yosemite? [Resolved]

Options
hallygally
hallygally
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hi, I´ve just upgraded from the 1P4(upgrade from 1P3) to 1P5 (webstore version). I deinstalled 1 P4 completely with all backups. Now I can´t make any backup in 1P5. Even when I drag the old backup files back to the backup folder in 1P4 its not accepted when I search backups in 1 P5.
I really appreciate help!
Thanks,

Thomas

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

The extension should be .1p4_zip (just checked mine) running version 5. I don't recall what they were on version 4. Are they the same ? I don't recall the format being changed in some time.

When one of the admins comes by: I also notice that the show backups button doesn't automatically go to ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Backups Possibly related ? However I was able to make a backup.

@hallygally‌

I noticed that my initial backup took some time. We may need to wait on the staff to answer.

In the time being you may wish to look over the troubleshooting report generator. I am not even sure if they will need it but its possible and you can familiarize yourself with it and how to generate it. I would not send it in till its asked for by the staff.

Also do not post it to the forums it can contain private information. If at such time as its requested you would submit it by email to the staff.

Creating a diagnostic report

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Thanks, thightower, you are right, after a short while waiting and re-dropping the folder 1password4 to the libraray the backup now works. For a better administration it should be renamed to actual version by the developers, shouldn't it?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @hallygally,

Happy to hear your 1Password 5 backups have come alive, even if mysteriously. :)

Sorry about any confusion with version 4 references in version 5. We did have some discussion about folder and bundle id renaming for version 5. Even with good reasons for doing it there were enough potential issues, along with other changes happening with version 5, that we decided it would be best to revisit this type of version renaming later.

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk postpone does not mean cancel, so there is hope for 1P6.
    Any idea where to get informations how to set up another vault for my wife´s android phone within my 1p5?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@hallygally‌

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/4/en/topic/sharing-a-vault

Should get you started. If you need more help please ask away.

Also the main guide page https://guides.agilebits.com/index.html if you should need further research in your endeavor.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hallygally,

I've reworded my reply a bit, changing "postpone" to "revisit". We will take another look at the renaming at some point and there is still hope for it to happen. :)

After sharing a vault through Dropbox (hat tip to @thightower), take a look under the Syncing with an existing vault section of the 1Password for Android sync guide for how to configure it on your wife's Android device.

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    Options

@all Thanks to you for the good help!

• chrisdj
    edited October 2014
    Options

@hallygally‌ On behalf of @sjk and @thightower, you're very welcome! For now, I am going to close this thread as resolved. Feel free to start a new one if you need to, and reference this one if needed. Have an awesome day!

This discussion has been closed.