1Password (Mac App store 4.2.2) failed to connect to 1Password mini

Options
DTFrench
DTFrench
Community Member

I emailed the following message to support+mac@agilebits.com earlier today but with no human response I am uploading it here as well.

1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini

This message appears each time I start 1Password 4.2.2 downloaded from the Mac App Store.

This is happening on my MacMini running 10.8.5

I have restarted my computer 3 times.

After the first two restarts, I deleted the 1Password folder and app from the Applications folder, restarted the computer and then "updated" 1Password from the Mac App Store. I received the same failure message.

If I do not click on the blue quit button after the warning to restart 1Password, I do have temporary use of 1Password mini. Restarting 1Password produces the same resulting failure message each time.

Based on completely different issues I was recently having with 1Password on my MBAir (also running 10.8.5 - and now resolved) I thought a diagnostic report might help. So it is attached.

I hope you can offer a suggestion to resolve this issue.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

A forum search on the error message reveals this suggested solution from AgileBits. Does it help you? There is a similar suggestion from AgileBits here (which you'll have to adapt slightly because you bought from the Mac App Store).

Stephen

• DTFrench
    DTFrench
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your attempt to be helpful Stephen_C, however it seems that you did not read the posting above in full.

I clearly described attempting the solution proposed in the links you posted. Deleting the app, re-staring and re-downloading from the App Store did not solve my issue.

I still have received no reply from AgileBits to my email or to this posting.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi guys!

@Stephen_C‌ thank for your help :+1:

@DTFrench‌, sorry for the delay in responding via email our inflows have been very high since the release 1Password, therefore our response times are longer at the moment. We're working hard to get caught up on our email and appreciate your patience.

Please rest assured that I fully read your initial post. We will still need to follow similar steps described in the links that @Stephen_C‌ posted in his previous reply.

• Please make sure that you trash all copies of 1Password (do no use app cleaning utilities) from everywhere on your hard drive and empty the trash.
    • Reboot your Mac.
    • Download 1Password from the Mac App Store.
    • Launch 1Password.

If your problem persists, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com.  A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Rad

• DTFrench
    DTFrench
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Rad

Please excuse my frustration, but did you not read my posting above?

I carried out the steps you listed three days ago on October 25. In my posting above I state clearly that after doing as you suggested, I created a diagnostic report and emailed it to support+mac@agilebits.com

When is someone going to look at that diagnostic report and respond to me? It has now been three days.

We are loyal 1Password customers who recommend it to all our friends and colleagues. This is my second experience with AgileBits customer support within the past few weeks. Both times there are excuses about the rollout of new versions of 1Password and day after day of waiting. It should not take a week to get a diagnostic report looked at and some guidance about how to solve a problem.

In hopes of stimulating attention I will send the diagnostic report again to the alternate address you posted above with my forum user name.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DTFrench,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been waiting a while to hear from our support team via email. As Rad mentioned above, we are experiencing much higher than normal volume since the launch of 1Password 5, and we're all doing the best that we can to get back to our usual snappy responses.

I apologize as well that you've heard the same sort of solve steps from multiple sources. Please understand that this is because these steps have been shown to help the majority of users experiencing similar issues as yourself. Any further support will have to come after we've looked at your Diagnostics Report - which is not something that we recommend you post in public.

I've located your email in our system and requested that someone on our team take a look at your Report - you should see a response soon.

ref: PHB-99568-465

This discussion has been closed.