1Password 5.1 on iPhone and 5.0 on Yosemite MacMini fail to WiFi sync

Options
ftwilson
ftwilson
Community Member

Greetings,

First time I've had this problem. Started Sync on both sides as usual, but after about five minutes, got an error on the iPhone side: "Error Domain=NSPOSIXXErrorDomain Code=60 "The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out."

Thoughts on fixing this?

Thanks,

Todd

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Others have had similar problems are there are a number of suggested solutions:

1. Re-boot both Mac and iPhone and try again.
    2. Make sure your computer name (OS X System Preferences > Sharing) is less than about 20 characters long. In general keep it as short as possible. (This is related to the Bonjour service 1P uses to communicate between the devices.)
    3. If you're running the OS X firewall try adding 1P5 manually and ensure allow incoming connections is enabled.
    4. If all else fails set up an ad-hoc wifi network and see if that works.
    5. Sometimes I get the same error as you but a few minutes later, without doing anything other than trying wifi sync again, wifi sync just works.

Forgive me for not linking to the relevant explanations: they are dotted around on this and the 1P for Mac forum and just at the moment I don't have time to search for them all: sorry!

Edit: there's a long thread here on this forum which covers some of these possible solutions.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist, @Stephen_C‌!

This discussion has been closed.