1Password 5.1, iOS 8.1 - Have to enter pin AND password on iPad

Options
BobH
BobH
Community Member

The title covers it - I thought the pin was instead of the password?

Regards
Bob

Comments

• Revolution1210
    Revolution1210
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same issue. Fixed by disabling then re-enabling PIN Code in Settings>Security.

Ian.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist, Ian ( @Revolution1210‌ ). @BobH, please give that a try.

• BobH
    BobH
    Community Member
    Options

That did the trick. Thanks, Ian ( @Revolution1210‌ ) & @bwoodruff

• BobH
    BobH
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

And now it has gone back to needing both again. It was OK for a while.
    Now on 5.1.1 could the upgrade have reintroduced the problem?
    Disable / re-enable pin cured it again.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BobH,

I'm sorry to hear the problem came back again! Is there any chance you had entered the wrong PIN code? If you enter the wrong PIN, it will ask for the Master Password, so in that case it would seem like it's asking for both.

If you were entering the correct PIN, then this sounds like an issue our developers are aware of. If it happens again, the fix (as you already know) is to disable & re-enable the PIN code option. Thank you for confirming that worked for you! :)

• coachdriver
    coachdriver
    Community Member
    Options

This is also happening for me. I am entering the pin correctly. Also turned it off and on again setting begin once more. Problem came back a day later.

Only been happening since the last update a couple of days ago. This is on an iPad air with no Touch ID.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@coachdriver, I'm sorry you're running into this problem as well. Our developers are definitely working on a fix, so hopefully it will be solved sometime soon. In the meantime, the best workaround is to disable & re-enable the PIN code option (although it seems to be a temporary fix). I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

• BobH
    BobH
    Community Member
    Options

I have switched off the pin facility. No point when I enter it then have to enter the full password. I will try again when fixed, but it has already taken a long time.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the follow up.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BobH,

We think we've gotten this bug fixed (finally!) for version 5.1.2. Please ensure that you're up-to-date with 1Password and give this one more shot. Please let us know if the PIN is still misbehaving.

ref: OPI-1856

• BobH
    BobH
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Megan‌. It does look that way

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BobH,

Thanks so much for confirming that for me! We're here to help if it acts up again, but I do hope 1Password behaves properly for you from now on. :)

This discussion has been closed.