Unlock keyboard issue

Options
nigelm
nigelm
Community Member

If you have a master password with some digits or other numeric keyboard characters in it, and you use the entry shortcut of touching the numeric shift and dragging to the appropriate digit (for a single digit entry without locking to the numeric keyboard), then sometimes you can accidentally drag the control centre slider up as well.

This used to happen in iOS7/1Password4 as well. However in the recent release, if you manage to catch the control centre and drag that up a bit, the password section that you have already entered is effectively invalidated, because whatever you do your next character entry goes as the first (and only) character in the master password field.

This has been driving me completely nuts since the iOS8/1Password5 update.

I suspect its an Apple originated problem, but is there some way you can stop it invalidating the already entered password info under these circumstances...

Nigel.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nigelm‌

I'm not sure I'm familiar with the "numeric shift" that you mentioned... Could you describe how to do this for me?

Thanks!

• nigelm
    nigelm
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff,

With your keyboard in standard letters mode, touch the lower left key [.?123] to change to the numeric keyboard and slide your finger up to one of the numbers or symbols and release when you are over the one you want.

That's much quicker than the three keystrokes of [.?123] < digit> [.?123] for a single digit entry, but the slide up can be interpreted by the system as you wanting to invoke the control centre if you fat finger it.

• Ben
    Options

Ah, thanks. I was not aware of that feature. I tried to reproduce this issue and am unable to do so while typing my Master Password. What device is this happening on? I tested on my (non-Plus) iPhone 6.

• nigelm
    nigelm
    Community Member
    Options

I see this on a 5s - but likely to be more of an issue the smaller the phone you have, and the fatter your fingers (or is it just clumsiness).

I'm waiting to see if someone else jumps in here - surely it cannot just be a problem for me...

• @nigelm I'd be interested to know if you are still able to reproduce this problem in 1Password 5.1.1, due out any day now. The lock screen was reworked for this release and I am not able to reproduce the problem you describe on my iPhone 5s. If I drag control center up while sliding to the numeric keypad, when I dismiss it I can still enter the remaining characters of my Master Password properly.

This discussion has been closed.