OnePassword Reinstallation on new business MacBook Pro and reinstallation on old iPhone

Options
astramark
astramark
Community Member

I have a MacBook Pro OS X 10.9.3. I need to send it in for replacement and OnePassword will be removed. Can I do a backup on an external hard drive and upload it on the new computer? My iPhone 5s was stolen this weekend and I need to restore an old iPhone 4s (version 6.1.3 - company doesnt support IOS 8 yet). Can I switch the OnePassword I had on to the old phone?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@astramark‌ this is just to let you know I deleted your duplicate post.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@astramark‌

If you're talking about making a complete backup of your laptop's hard drive and then restoring it to the new one then yes you can and with Macs it's pretty easy. You aren't made to jump through the same hoops that you sometimes are with Windows. I can recommend SuperDuper! for an easy piece of software if you aren't already using TimeMachine. Normally I use one machine to make an image of another though via target mode. Time Machine is pretty good as well though. If you want to just make a copy of 1Password you can do that too but more important would be your actual vault, the location of which is dependent on which version you're running.

AgileBits store version:
    ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4

Mac App Store version:
    ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper

Now as to your iPhone. If you purchased 1Password 4 for iOS then you ought to be able to download a previous compatible version. If memory serves me correctly 1Password 4 for iOS was first release on iOS 6 so in theory it should work. On the phone you'd want to go to the App Store, Purchases and then download 1Password. It should say 1Password 5 isn't compatible and offer to download the last compatible version.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @astramark,

It sounds like @littlebobbytables‌ has given you some pretty great advice here! If you're currently syncing your 1Password data via iCloud or Dropbox, you have the benefit of an extra copy of your data available in the cloud, but a full system backup is a good thing to do as well.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.