Password 1 with Firefox

Options
nmfeldinor
nmfeldinor
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Can you help me with Password 1 via Firefox
Currently when I click on Safari on my IMAC the icon appears in the tool bar. Could you tell me how to get the icon to also appear in my FIrefox tool bar. I use more then one browser and woul like to be able to use Password with both. Can you help me please.
Michael Feldman
[Email deleted]

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you installed the 1P extension for Firefox. Look in Firefox > Tools > Add-ons to see if it's there. If it's not then open 1P and go to 1P4 (or 1P5, depending which version you're running) > Install Browser extension... - and proceed from there.

If you have installed the 1P browser extension and the 1P icon still doesn't show please confirm you're using the latest version of Firefox (33). If you're using a much older version there could be a problem with 1P working with that version.

I deleted your email address from your post. I hope you don't mind but wanted to save you from harvesting spammers!

Stephen

• Hi,

@Stephen_C's instructions look accurate. An alternate way of going about it to install the extension is to simply visit the browser extension page while using Firefox.

We've had reports of some users having issues with the browser extension in Firefox after version 32. So it's possible that after you do everything right that it still doesn't work. The good news is that the fixes are well under way to be released. In this case you'd need the Firefox Beta Extension which you can get on the browser extension page by clicking the link that says "Enable Betas." It also requires that you're using version 5.0.2 of 1Password (currently available in Beta form as well). 5.0.2 should be released soon.

Hope this helps.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.