Upgrading to 1Password 5

Options
robertdj
robertdj
Community Member

Hi,

I have finally decided to upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 5, but before I do I have some questions:

• Is 1Password 5 capable of reading my old keychain?
  • On your website I can get a license discount, but does this discount also work for the version on the Mac App Store?

Thanks,

Robert

Comments

• Hi @robertdj,

Is 1Password 5 capable of reading my old keychain?

Yes. When you open 1Password 5 for the first time, you can select your 1Password.agilekeychain file from 1Password 3 and all your data will be there for you.

On your website I can get a license discount, but does this discount also work for the version on the Mac App Store?

No, we're not able to offer upgrade pricing via the Mac App Store. You need to purchase the upgrade on our website to get the discount: https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade

The AgileBits website version is nearly identical, however iCloud syncing is only available in the Mac App Store version.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• robertdj
    robertdj
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robertdj‌

I'm glad to hear that @JasperP's answer helped you out! I hope your upgrade process goes smoothly, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.