1Password won't install extension on Safari

Options
Bart523
Bart523
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I've tried and tried but the 1 password extension won't install on Safari when downloaded. I use 1 password 5.0. It installs on Chrome.

Comments

• Hi @Bart523‌,

Sorry to hear that the extension is giving you issues. Can you elaborate a little on what you're seeing? Are you getting an error message?

I've seen some issues crop up where the system accidentally set the permissions incorrectly for where Safari installs Extensions, causing it to no longer be able to install any plugins. That's the first thing I'd check. To do that:

• In a Finder window, use the Go > Go to Folder... menu item. In the sheet that shows up, enter in (including the ~) : ~/Library/Safari/
    • Click 'Go'
    • Select the Extensions folder, and hit cmd-i or use the File > Get Info... menu item, which will bring up a panel with information about the Extensions folder.
    • The last entry in the panel will be titled "Sharing & Permissions", you may have to expand it to see its contents
    • Make sure that the entry with the (Me) label has a Privilege of Read & Write. To make edits you may need to click the lock icon and enter your password.
    • Once you've ensure it's Read & Write for you, try to reinstall the extension.

If that doesn't work, there's one more permissions fix I'd like you to try:

• Launch Disk Utility from /Applications/Utilities/
    • Select your disk in the left side bar
    • On the right, under the First Aid tab, there should be a 'Repair Permissions' button. Please click that and let it run.
    • Try installing the extension again.

Please let me know if this helped at all. If you're still having issues then we'll continue to dig.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.