OS X Fresh install - Data on iOS

Options
Nemrod
Nemrod
Community Member

Hi,

I've made a fresh install on OS X 10.10, all my data are on my iPhone on iOS 8.1 but, when i try ti sync using WiFi, it says that no Mac found.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Nemrod‌

When you open System Preferences > Sharing > Computer Name, how long is that setting? If it is more than 15 characters or so, that can cause a problem with WiFi sync. We are pushing an update to resolve that soon, but it isn't available yet.

Thanks.

• Nemrod
    Nemrod
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for you answer. Indeed, the name isn't the same but know i put the old name, less than 15 c, thanks TM, nothing is working.

Thanks

• Nemrod
    Nemrod
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Any chance to get my data back ?

Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nemrod In some occasions simply rebooting both devices has helped. Something also worth checking is any firewalls or similar that you may be running.

• Nemrod
    Nemrod
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I diid reboot both my Mac and my Iphone, not enough.

• Ben
    Options

@Nemrod‌

Have you gone through the process of creating a vault on the Mac yet? There has to be a vault before your information can be synced into it from iOS.

Please let me know.

• Nemrod
    Nemrod
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi,

I have a vault, on my Mac, with all my password.

I sent a mail on the support, they asked me to reboot, nothing, the sent diagnostic files from bot iOS and OS X then to try again an WiFi and DropbBox.i still can't sync my devices. No news since.

I recently see that iCloud sync is possible, it's ok from my iOS devices, but from OS X the only sync option is DropBox.

Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nemrod,

I'm sorry you've been having such trouble getting the sync to work! It looks like you have an open ticket and are getting help to resolve this via email. Since you needed to send in diagnostics reports, it's best to keep this conversation going directly via email as you've been doing. If you're currently waiting to hear back, someone should be contacting you soon. I'm sure we'll be able to solve this soon, thanks so much for your patience!

ref: QKQ-96479-946

This discussion has been closed.