Not syncing with iCloud upgrading to Yosemite

Options
tobindia
tobindia
Community Member

I just upgraded my Mac to Yosemite (10.10). 1Password is working fine there. Then I downloaded 1Password 5.1 on my iPad (iOS 8.1). When I clicked "Sync with iCloud" to set up 1Password on my iPad, I get an "Existing Data Not Found" error. My Mac is syncing with iCloud Drive (iCloud Drive box is checked in System Preferences > iCloud). My iPad is looking at iCloud Drive (1Password in on in Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive). So, what haven't I done?

Comments

• Good morning @tobindia‌. Sorry for the trouble you're having with iCloud sync. We have put together a troubleshooting guide here that you can check out: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/icloud-sync-checklist-cloudkit

Let me know if that helps with your problem. If not, we'll dive in a little deeper.

• tobindia
    tobindia
    Community Member
    Options

Aha! I did download 1Password 5 from the AgileBits website, so that's probably my problem. However, I do not understand the guide's statement: "Mac: Ensure you are using the Mac App Store version of 1Password. Then go to the App Store and check the Updates section." I don't see how to get updates from the apple.com website.

• tobindia
    tobindia
    Community Member
    Options

The only thing I can find on the App Store is $34.99. Do I have to buy it???

• Dilip
    Dilip
    Community Member
    Options

I downloaded directly from the AgileBits website and paid $35 for the license. Now I'm told I have to download from Mac App store for enabling syncing with iCloud for which I have to pay $35 again! Pl help!

• Lucapersempre
    Lucapersempre
    Community Member
    Options

I also bought from the Agilebits website and the version for ios from the app store. I don't intend to pay again and I'll never use any webstore any more if the app is in Apple App store. I don't trust Dropbox so no more syncing for me!

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

This post by Dave should have all the answers to your questions about iCloud syncing in 1Password 5 for Mac, including why it has to be purchased from the Mac App Store, how to go about doing so, and what to do if you've recently purchased (within 30 days) from our web store.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.