How to migrate database from 3.6.5 to 5.1?

Options
macfreakz
macfreakz
Community Member

I simply never cared to update my 1Password App. My fault. Now I got the new iPhone6 and installed 1Password 5.1 and also updated 1P for my Mac to 5.0.1. I understand that I can't migrate the data through importing it from Version 3.6.5 since I missed essential updates. How can I get my database into the new version? I only found infos on how to do this with 1Password 4 for iOS. Thank you very much in advance!

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @macfreakz. Congratulations to your new iPhone 6 and the 1Password upgrades :)
    There are ways to get you data into 1Password 5 but to point you into the right direction I would have to ask you a couple of questions:
    Do you still have a running version of 1Password 3.6.5 around. If yes, which iOS version is running on this device?

• bdambrosio
    bdambrosio
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - I have a similar problem - my wife has 1Password 3.7.1 on her iPhone 4 and her iPad 2, and wants to migrate to a iPhone 5s. We installed 1Password on her iMac, but apparently that won't sync with 3.7.1. Help! She really doesn't look forward to manually re-entering all that data.

• macfreakz
    macfreakz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Winnie: Yes, I have both 1PW Versions installed on my iPhone6: 3.6.5 and Version 5. The iOS version on my phone is 8.1 Thanks for your assistance!

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

In order to get your data migrated we need to get you on the latest version of 1Password 3 for iOS (both of you are behind). The first thing I'd recommend would be backing up your 1Password 3 for iOS data:

Once you have a backup in place, please take a look at your purchases in the App Store on your device:

1Password 3 for iOS should appear there. If it does, we can proceed. If it does not, please ensure you are logged into the correct Apple ID (the one used to purchase 1Password 3).

Once you have verified 1Password 3 appears in your purchases, please uninstall it from your device, reinstall it from your purchases tab (see above guide from Apple), and then restore the backup:

At this point you should have your data in the latest 1Password 3 for iOS app, which allows us to import it into 1Password 5 for iOS.

Thanks!

• macfreakz
    macfreakz
    Community Member
    Options

I just realized that I simply can import my Database from my MacBook to the iphone via Wi-Fi. Worked like a charm :-) Thanks for your assistance!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@macfreakz, I'm happy to hear you were able to work it out! :smiley:

This discussion has been closed.