Safari browser extension dark mode [Resolved: ensure only 1 version of 1Password is installed]

Options
Simon Harris
Simon Harris
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hi, I have the version 5 beta with the same Safari 8, version 4.2.5 browser extension on two different Macs. I have both Macs set to dark mode Yosemite and one one Mac the Browser extension is showing as white (looks like the older version) and on the other Mac the browser extension is dark grey (Dark mode, like the newer version) . . . I cannot find anywhere to specifically change the browser extension color - am I doing something wrong? I would like it to me dark mode on both Macs. Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Simon,

If your Mac is set to dark mode, the browser extension should be dark too. The browser extension's UI is 1Password mini, so it should be exactly the same as the mini app you open from the OS X menu bar.

Could you please give this a try:

• Open the 1Password main app.
    • Press ⌃⌘Q (Control+Command+Q) to fully quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Re-open the 1Password app, and try using the Safari extension again.

Does that fix it?

• Simon Harris
    Simon Harris
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, No sorry it's still doing it: opening and quitting 1Password main app also quitting Safari, also doing force quit on 1Password mini in Activity monitor. The 1Password mini in the menu bar is in Dark Mode but the extension in the Safari toolbar seems to be the older version because it's not dark mode and the fonts are not the same as 1Password mini in the menu bar. It seems to be serving up the old version as Safari extension. Thanks

• Simon Harris
    Simon Harris
    Community Member
    Options

The problem seems to be that I have two versions of password mini running at the same time, the older version will not quit. Both versions appear next to each other in my OS X menu bar (the newer one is dark mode) and only the older version is appearing in my Safari browser (I have tried deleting and re-installing the extension). The older version of 1Password mini will not quit and is taking precedence over the newer version in Safari. If I do a search for 1Password in activity monitor both versions of 1Password mini appear if 1Password 5 (mail program) is running and the older version will not force quit, so I am seeing both versions in the menu bar and only the older version in Safari, the older version will not quit.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Simon Harris

Do you have multiple copies of 1Password in your Applications folder or stored anywhere on your drive? With Yosemite, we are recommending that only one copy of 1Password be installed at a time, as this sort of issue with minis vying for attention can happen.

If you do have multiple copies of 1Password installed, here's what we'll do:

• Open each copy, one at a time.
    • Use ⌘⌃Q ( Command-Control-Q ) to quit both 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Drag the unused versions of 1Password to the Trash (move only the applications - do not use an app cleaner)
    • Empty the Trash and restart your Mac.
    • Relaunch 1Password - you should only see one mini now.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• Simon Harris
    Simon Harris
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, OK that seems to have worked! Thanks! after deleting an older version and restarting I am now seeing the dark mode new version as the browser extension -Thank you! Simon

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Simon Harris

Whoo! Thanks for letting me know you're all sorted out.

Since this issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.