Trashed items aren't removed on iOS devices until I empty the trash?

Options
tommunch
tommunch
Community Member

Just noticed that items I trash on the desktop aren't removed on my iPhone and iPad until I empty the trash on the desktop. Is this supposed to happen?

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommunch‌,

Yes, when you delete an item in 1Password for iOS you basically trash it. There is no Trash in 1Password for iOS. If you wish to completely remove that item, you need to empty the trash in 1Password for Mac or Windows.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Cheers!

Rad

• tommunch
    tommunch
    Community Member
    Options

That explains it. Thanks for the clarification. I don't delete things very often, but in trying to get my sync to work right it was one of the tests I was trying to verify that sync was working properly. In the end I created a new vault that made everything sync right again. The deleted note was the only anomaly in my test.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommunch‌,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly :+1:

I'm glad that you've sorted it all out out!

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Best,

Rad

• Hi @tommunch‌,

Another issue that may have been causing you grief here is that there's a known issue where trashing an item does not trigger sync at the moment. That will be fixed in a later release. If ever you want to force sync to trigger for whatever reason, locking and unlocking the vault is the best way to do so.

Hope this helps.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.