Can't install ver5 on Yosemite because I cannot find either the .agilekeychain or .opvault file.

Options
johnagon
johnagon
Community Member

I don't want to start all over and lose my passwords. A search of my hard drive and backup does not find thses files?

Help please!

John

Comments

• Hi @Johnagon,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having. The .agilekeychain and .opvault are the sync formats, they're not the database file for 1Password. If you do not sync or use Wi-Fi sync, neither files will exist on your drive.

The database file is called OnePassword.sqlite and it is stored in the 1Password 4 folder, however the location of 1Password 4 folder depends on where you bought 1Password from.

Your data path for the:

1. Mac App Store version is: Home > Library > Containers > 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper > Data > Library > Data
    2. Website version is: Home > Library > Application Support > 1Password 4 > Data

The Home Folder is usually your username folder, so if you're looking at your backups, it is probably Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Library.

You need to copy the content of the Data folder into the same Data location on your main drive. Once you do this, you can then open 1Password and it should resume you.

I hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.