Keyboard problems entering master password [Under investigation]

Options
deh2k
deh2k
Community Member
edited November 2014 in iOS

I frequently have problems recently with the keyboard when I enter the master password. Specifically, the O, P, L, , , , go, , .?123, do not highlight or enter a value. Force quitting 1Password fixes the problem until next time. No other application has this problem. I do not know if other parts of 1Password are affected because I can't get past the initial screen.

I use an iPad 4 and iOS 8.1.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You are probably using the iPad in landscape mode when you have those problems. There is apparently a bug in iOS and you can read a long thread about it here.

Stephen

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I might add, for those who don't want to wade through that long thread, that this iOS bug can also bite a user when in portrait orientation on and iPad, but in that case, the keyboard appears with the right side fallin off the right side of the screen. You then can even access those far right keys to attempt to enter them.

• omaronlinesa
    omaronlinesa
    Community Member
    Options

On my iPad air after updating to 5.1.1, my keyboard right side keys is not working. To be specific ( P, O, L, . and anything right these keys not working). It's like they were disabled or somthing.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@omaronlinesa‌ I have merged your post with another thread discussing the same issue.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone,

Just to provide a few relevant details from the thread that @Stephen_C linked to above:

To summarize, this appears to be a bug in iOS 8 (one of our developers has filed a bug report with Apple about it). It also happens in some other apps.

There are a few things you can try to get the keyboard working, at least temporarily:

• Double-click the Home button and swipe up on 1Password to close it, then reopen it.

• If that doesn't help, restart your iOS device (hold down the power button for a few seconds and "slide to power off", then turn it back on again).

• If the problem is happening in landscape mode, try reopening the app in portrait mode (or vice versa).

I apologize for the trouble here, if you have any further questions, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.