iPad not syncing via DropBox

Options
pcgs51
pcgs51
Community Member

I just cleaned up my Primary Vault on my iMac and then successfully verified that my iPhone 6 was syncing with my Dropbox 1Password.agilekeychain. I could see that the edits I made were also on my iPhone. So the next logical step was to sync my iPad (3) with the 1Password.agilekeychain on Dropbox too.

I followed the same steps I did on my iPhone. I got to the CHOOSE A VAULT... section. I chose the same vault at Dropbox but I got this message:

Vault Mismatch

It appears that the data in the Primary vault is different
from the vault you selected in Dropbox.
We recommend that you do not merge these vaults.

Do Not Merge | More Info

I didn't want to MERGE them because I just cleaned up the vault and removed old unwanted logins. I just wanted to use the DropBox vault as my Primary vault. So I created a backup and merged anyway. I now see all original junk back on my iPad. From what I can see the iMac is still cleaned up and somehow so is my iPhone. But the logins on my iPad are different than the ones I see on my iPad. If they are different I can have no confidence they are syncing.

In my iPad I see where I can 'Sync Now" link in the settings but not on my iMac. I can only change the syncing. It says I synced 8 minutes ago BUT according to what I see on my iPad that isn't possible.

I also see that the Date Modified of the 1Password.agilekeychain in Dropbox is 10/08/2014 but today is 11/01/2014 So something isn't working. What is going on?

I see different numbers of items stored on the iPad:

All Items: 342 on my iMac
All Items: 342 on my iPhone
All Items: **533 on my iPad **
The iPad should had same number of items.

It sure seems that somehow my phone is syncing with my iMac but not via dropbox because the date of the 1Password.agilekeychain at Dropbox is NOT current. But the iPhone settings indicate Dropbox and that it recently synced with it. I'm looking for the vault on my desktop to see if its being used but cannot recall where it is. The 1Password documentation seems to need updating on a number of things.

iPad is using iOS 8.1
1Password app on iPad: v. 5.1.1

iMac OS: OSX 10.9.5
1Password on iMac: v. 4.4.3

iPhone iOS using iOS 8.1
1Password on iPhone v. 5.1.1

I sure hope you can help me. Thanks.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

because the date of the 1Password.agilekeychain at Dropbox is NOT current.

This is not a reliable indicator. I would agree it certainly sounds like the iPad is not syncing properly, but I don't see anything that indicates to me that the iPhone and Mac aren't syncing properly via Dropbox.

The 1Password documentation seems to need updating on a number of things.

We'd be happy to hear your suggestions.

As for getting the iPad in sync, please make a backup of the data currently there:

Then uninstall and reinstall the iOS app on the iPad. Once reinstalled, re-setup Dropbox syncing.

Thanks!

• pcgs51
    pcgs51
    Community Member
    Options

That fixed it

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update!

• pcgs51
    pcgs51
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome @pcgs51‌. Have a good day!

This discussion has been closed.