Suggestion for 1PW PIN entry screen

Options
randy_va
randy_va
Community Member
edited November 2014 in iOS

There are certain circumstances in which a 4-digit PIN must be entered for 1PW - when your fingerprint touch isn't recognized, when your device does not have fingerprint ID feature, etc.

I do not use the same 4-digit PIN for 1PW that I use to unlock the phone (the IOS unlock screen). However, the 1PW PIN entry screen looks very similar to the IOS unlock screen. This is potentially confusing - if you're not careful, you might enter the IOS unlock PIN instead of the 1PW PIN.

I suggest that the 1PW PIN entry screen be changed so that it is different from the IOS PIN unlock screen. Maybe a different color, maybe allow for a "wallpaper", or whatever.

(See Hessijames' thread, "Touch ID changes in 5.1")

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @randy_va‌

1Password does not fall back to a PIN any longer... It falls back to the Master Password if Touch ID fails or is not accepted. Touch ID enabled devices no longer have an option for a PIN in 1Password.

Thanks.

• randy_va
    randy_va
    Community Member
    Options

bwoodruff,

Thank you for the response. Yes, I see where the 1PW PIN screen is not there any more in my iPhone 6, but it is there in my iPad Air (IOS 8.1, 1PW version 5.1.1) that does not have the fingerprint capability.

It's not a big deal, but when the 1PW PIN entry screen appears, there is a small issue. My first inclination is to quickly enter my usual IOS screen unlock code, unless I notice that this is really the 1PW PIN screen, which requires a different code. It would be nice if the 1PW screen were a different color or maybe had a 1PW icon. I'm easily distracted, so a different screen appearance would help me remember to enter the correct code.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.