How do I start over with 1Password, have different 1Password apps with different password

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 2 versions installed.

Comments

• Colin Brown
    Colin Brown
    Community Member
    Options

I have installed !password from Apps on my Mac, and then installed 1password on my I-Pad, with a different password(one word is a plural)how can I am now getting a conflicts message when I start uo my Mac. How can I delete and re-start, or have you a better alternative ?????
    Colin Brown

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Colin Brown

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password. To sync your database across multiple devices, you do need to be using the same password everywhere. If you haven't saved anything in your 1Password database yet, starting fresh might be your best option.

To start fresh on your Mac, please follow the instructions here: Starting Over.

To start fresh on your iOS device, simply delete the app. Be sure that you've set up sync on your Mac so that when you reinstall and open 1Password 5 for iOS, you can select the 'I've used 1Password before' option and sync your existing data.

If you have saved data in 1Password that you would like to keep, please let me know if your data is on your Mac or your iOS device, and we'll proceed from there.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns! :)

This discussion has been closed.