1Password 5 update

Options
karelk
karelk
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

I was testing 1Password 4 in my Mac for a long time. I am happy user of this application in my iPhone and iPad as well. Thanks to the new OSx when my iCloud sync disapeared I decide to purchase 1Password 5 in the Apple Store. I uninstalled the old 1Password 4 and then make a purchase. I have two issues:
1. I am not able to choose iCloud for sync anyway.
2. I am receiving message to update 1Password 5, but there is not a update available in the App Store.

Can someone help me to understand how I can be sure that I completely uninstalled old version and I am running a purchased version from App Store?

Thank you

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You need to be running OS X Yosemite in order to be offered the 1P5 update. Are you?

Stephen

• karelk
    karelk
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Yes I am running OS X Yosemite.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @karelk‌ :smile: The easiest way to identify which version of 1Password you're running is to take a look in 1Password : About 1Password. If you're running the MAS version it will say Mac App Store under the version. Also, in your Applications folder the direct web store version is called 1Password X while when it comes from the Mac App Store it is just titled 1Password regardless of which version you're running. I'm working from memory here but I could swear than when I first transitioned from the web direct version to the MAS version one copy was placed inside a folder inside my Applications folder while the other was left in Applications - I just can't remember which was where right now. It might be best to check and make sure you don't have two copies of the program in Applications or for that matter a copy stored in a backup that is connected to your Mac (a known Yosemite bug, it may not launch the copy you think it will if there is more than one accessible).

Now if you're running Yosemite and running 1Password 5 purchased from the Mac App Store you should be able to sync via iCloud, at least as long as you've upgraded from the old iCloud to the new version. While 1Password doesn't explicitly use iCloud Drive it does have to be enabled and 1Password Mini authorised to read and write. If one of those conditions isn't met it won't work.

If you can report back a little on some of that we can hopefully narrow down where the issue you're experiencing is coming from and then hopefully get it resolved :smile:

• rhinorudi
    rhinorudi
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased version 4 Family pack in April and now with the V5 on Yosemite it is asking for license. But when i try that is opens Finder and looks for a file, I see no way to enter my license.
    Any ideas?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

If you have your licence saved in 1P just drag it on to the desktop, go to that screen again and add the licence from the desktop. If you don't have a saved copy of your licence you can get one re-sent from AgileBits here.

Edit: I'm assuming you're using the version of 1P purchased direct from AgileBits rather than the Mac App Store version.

Stephen

• karelk
    karelk
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much for your guiadance @littlebobbytables‌.

I am running the MAS version it will say Mac App Store.

I have Yosemite and 1Password5 purchased from the Mac App Store, but I am not able to check sync via iCloud as this is not option available to choose from.

On top of it, I am still receiving message on my OSX that update for 1Password5 is available, but not from App Store.

I am lost a little bit here.

Thank you

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @karelk‌

Just to avoid any confusion. When I read it will say that sounds like you're assuming rather than confirming compared to it does say. It may easily be an unintended interpretation of what you wrote.

In the App Store, under Purchases there will be an Open button opposite 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet. When you click that Open button and 1Password is launched, can you confirm that it does say Mac App Store in the About 1Password window. There is a known bug in Yosemite where you can really believe you're launching a particular copy of a program but Yosemite has found another copy elsewhere and is actually running that. Most of the time it has been people who sensibly made a backup of their drive before upgrading to Yosemite.

• karelk
    karelk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

yes you are perfectly right. This was a trick to go and check my purchase in the App Store. I am running 1Password (not 1Password5) now and I am using sync over iCloud with my devices. Thank you very much :smile:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @karelk‌ Can I just confirm, every time you launch 1Password now the correct copy is running and everything is working as expected?

This discussion has been closed.