Extremely Disappointed

Options
Stacey
Stacey
Community Member

I've been waiting for months of the new 1Password 5 - a FREE UPGRADE . Now I have both installed 1PW5 installed and Yosemite. ONLY TO FIND THE WEBSTORE VERSION OF 1PS IS NOT FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH YOSEMITE. Yup, its true the Webstore version cannot use the iCloud feature. Ahhh but the IOS 8 app appears to use the cloud without issues. NOW, I have syncing all over the flipping place. Drop Box and iCloud. In order for this to work properly - I NEED TO REPURCHASE THE PROGRAM THROUGH THE APPLE STORE - Yes, drop another $35.00 into the coffers of Agile Bits..... I've been using 1password for years never issue. I purchased 1PW -4 - 11 months ago - now I need to send again ....

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @Stacy,

I'm sorry you're disappointed, we're not happy about this either. If Apple allows CloudKit/iCloud sync to be used outside of Mac App Store, we would offer the support in the website version.

The website version of 1Password 5 is fully compatible with Yosemite, we simply cannot offer iCloud/CloudKit sync outside of Mac App Store, it's an Apple requirement for all apps that uses the same sync technology. They will not allow it outside of their app stores, which is why 1Password at the iOS app store offers iCloud sync support. If we can sell iOS apps without Apple's app store, we will have the same issue, no iCloud sync support in our own version.

We explained the whole situation here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30446/icloud-changes-in-the-website-version-of-1password-5#latest

Unfortunately, if you can't use Wi-Fi sync or Dropbox and need iCloud sync, you do need to buy the Mac App Store version.

• Stacey
    Stacey
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Mike, thanks, I read the entire thing. Still extremely upset that I've shelled out the money for a family license, which included life time updates. The Free update is not full compatible. In Fact, it has taken a step backwards to version 3. Infact - I'll look for another alternative. :#

This discussion has been closed.