Safari extension fails to download [Resolved]

Options
markmagennis
markmagennis
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

Hi,

In 1Password 3.8.22 I select Install Browser Extensions and it opens https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html. When I click the Download button for Safari 5.1+ it changes briefly to a page with the heading Downloading Safari Extension … then returns to the original downloads page without downloading anything.

If I'm quick, I can click one of the links on the Downloading Page - a Click Here link and a couple of alternate locations (CacheFly Content Delivery Networks and AgileBits Server). But neither of them do anything either.

I'm using Safari 7.1+ on Mavericks 10.9.5.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @markmagennis‌,

I just downloaded the extension from the link you mentioned in Safari 8.0 under OS X Yosemite.

Please make sure that you check your ~/Downloads/ folder for the downloaded extension. It should be named 1Password.safariextz. Then double-click on it to install it. You may need to restart Safari.

It may also be possible that you changed your default downloads folder for Safari. If that's the case, please verify what is the folder for the "save downloaded files to:" option in Safari's Preferences > General.

Cheers!

Rad

• markmagennis
    markmagennis
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply Rad but the file is nowhere on my machine and has definitely not been downloaded.

• markmagennis
    markmagennis
    Community Member
    Options

Problem solved! It was a general security setting in OS X that was causing the problem.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @markmagennis‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that you found the solution!

Since this issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.