Update to 5.2

Options
Jim Villareal
Jim Villareal
Community Member

I tried to update from 1Password 5 to 5.2 today. Now I cannot open the app. This is some of the message I get. I am on an iMac 10.10. I'd appreciate any helpful information.

Jim

Comments

• rfloyd
    rfloyd
    Community Member
    Options

If you're referring to 5.0.2, the same thing has happened to me. When I try to open 1Password, nothing happens. I'll try downloading it again and reinstalling to see if that helps. I'm realizing just how bad it is when your password manager won't open. It doesn't bode well for ones confidence in the tool if if can't be relied upon to be there when needed.

• rfloyd
    rfloyd
    Community Member
    Options

UPDATE: When I downloaded and opened the 1Password zip file, I found the dl version was approximately 20MB larger than the autoupdate version. When I replaced it, the app opened as it should. Is there, perhaps, a problem with the autoupdate file? I would have expected some sort of checksum error on the update.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jim Villareal‌ and @rfloyd‌

I apologize for the trouble here. Our website was down for a few hours last night and that seems to have caused a few issues with downloads. If you snag a fresh copy from our downloads page, you should be good to go!

This discussion has been closed.