Passwords not syncing with iOS app

Options
fordbattle
fordbattle
Community Member

Hi,
I have the paid version of the Mac and iOS 1password.

I've had an issue where passwords that I save on 1password for mac are not syncing onto the iOS version... any suggestions?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi there,

A few questions to get us started here:

• What versions of Mac OS and iOS are you using?
    • What versions of 1Password are you using?
    • Are you syncing with Dropbox, iCloud, or WiFi sync?

Thanks!

• fordbattle
    fordbattle
    Community Member
    Options

Mac OS X 10.9.1
    iOS 8.1
    iCloud

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fordbattle You forgot to mention what versions of 1Password you're running but I suspect I know the answer. If you're running 1Password 5 for iOS on your iOS 8 device then it will only sync with Apple's new iCloud (iCloud Drive, CloudKit etc.) and to communicate with the new iCloud you have to be running either Yosemite or iOS 8.

So for Apple's improved iCloud syncing to work you need everything from this list.

• 1Password 5 for Mac from the Mac App Store (Apple has restricted new iCloud access to MAS only applications)
    • A mac running Yosemite
    • 1Password 5 for iOS
    • A iOS device running iOS 8.X

2/4 or 3/4 won't be enough I'm afraid. Now I don't know if it's acceptable or not but Dropbox will allow you to do everything iCloud could in terms of synchronising 1Password vaults and it will be able to do so between 1Password 4 and 1Password 5 irrespective of the platform i.e. OS X or iOS. How would you feel about looking at Dropbox?

This discussion has been closed.