Plain Text master password

Options
DullingWine
DullingWine
Community Member

Hello

Probably asked many times before, but i've searched the forums quite a few page searches back - apologies. I'm looking to see whether there's an option to allow me to type in my master password in plain text (not all of the time, just when i want to). Its quite a long password and i frequently make mistakes and have to retype and its very frustrating. When i'm confident no one is around, i'd like to see what i'm typing.

Thanks so much!
DW

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DullingWine‌ Sorry, that won't be possible :disappointed: 1Password makes use of what I think they call a secure input, the idea is to protect the entry from keyboard sniffers if I recall correctly. Anyway, it's a specific type of textual input supplied by Apple so purposely kept quite unconfigurable. It's like your login password for OS X and anywhere else they ask for login details. I realise it may be frustrating and sure, who doesn't make mistakes typing their password in - sometimes I have to slow my typing down after the 4th attempt going awry but it's in all of our best interests that the software uses this handy feature in OS X. This is my understanding anyway.

This discussion has been closed.