I'm a seller that keeps customers' payment info on file

Options
frambach
frambach
Community Member

Hello there.

I have my own business where I provide products to customers. I've recently purchased 1Password for Mac and iOS in an effort to keep customers' payment information on file for their convenience on future purchases.

In other words, I want my customers to be able to call and order "2 cases of product" and I say "do you want me to put that on your credit card we have on file for you?"

With all that being said, how's the best way for me to store their information? A new vault perhaps - one separate from my personal data? I was trying to avoid that because I don't want to have to remember another password.

I have them in a folder now which is doing what I want - with one exception...

Since these are listed as 'credit cards', their entries show up in the category for 'credit cards' which is where I want MY stuff to be.

Help me to keep this sensitive data safe and secure yet easy to work with please.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You can create a secondary vault for that purpose. When you unlock your primary vault the secondary vault will be unlocked automatically for you (even though you set it up with a separate master password when you create it). The master password for the secondary vault is in effect stored, hidden, in the primary vault. (Of course, you can always create a 1P item for it in your primary vault if you want to remember it).

Stephen

• frambach
    frambach
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Stephen_C. I didn't realize the secondary vault got automagically unlocked. I appreciate the help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @frambach,

I'm glad @Stephen_C was able to help you out! That's just what I would have suggested.

If you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.