Dropbox sync to iOS8.1 issues

Options
gingermeggs
gingermeggs
Community Member

I'm using 1Password on my PC (Windows 8.1) and having issues syncing via dropbox to iphone and ipad, both running iOS8.1. Nothing will sync. I logged into dropbox and tried to open the 1Password html file and I get the following errors:
First "error TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'string.replace'); then "An error occurred while processing item 'undefined'."

Can you please advise?
thanks

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @gingermeggs‌

Please review this guide on syncing with Dropbox:

It sounds like you are opening the 1PasswordAnywhere (1Password.html) file, vs setup syncing.

• gingermeggs
    gingermeggs
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks I did set it up like this. Looking at the html file was me trying to troubleshoot why nothing will sync. When I try to sync on my iphone or ipad it says that it is syncing but 0 items sync over. The initial passwords have all been setup on my PC.

• MikeT
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @Gingermeggs,

What about between the iPhone and iPad, if you create an item on iPhone, does it show up on iPad or vis versa? Is it none of them showing any changes from each other?

If you open 1Password on the iOS devices, go to the Settings > Sync, tap on the Sync Service > Dropbox, and under Dropbox, can you tell me if the path is the same? For an example, it should say /1Password/1Password.agilekeychain for first-time users and it should be the same on both devices.

• gingermeggs
    gingermeggs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Turns out I hadn't set up dropbox on my iPad. Set it up, set up 1Password to sync with it, getting a dropbox 404 error saying the operation couldn't be completed and refers me to a 1Password issue.

• bhusari
    bhusari
    Community Member
    Options

I recently started using 1Password5 on iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 8 and not iOS8.1). Initially data was synced with Dropbox, but later it stopped syncing. Since my windows license was still in trial mode I thought that to be reason for non-syncing latest data from dropbox. Today I have purchased license for windows as well, but on iOS device total count is still limited to 25 items while item count on windows is 31. When I click on sync under settings in iPhone 6 Plus, it does nothing. It shows iOS version to be synced 3 days back and is not syncing anymore while the data on dropbox is synced properly and I can see all 1Password data through dropbox app on windows as well as through my iPhone dropbox app. Seems to be some kind of bug in iOS version. Please look into this and fix any issue in app or let me know if I am doing something wrong. Do note I have pro version on iPhone and licensed version on my windows laptop.

• Tobias Steinke
    Tobias Steinke
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issues: Dropbox sync of Mac and iOS (iPhone 6, iPad Air, both iOS 8.1), sync on Mac works, stopped working on both iOS devices. There is no error message whatsoever. If I press "Sync now" nothing happens. Last sync stays "3 days ago". The only way to make it work again is to deactivate Dropbox sync and configure it again. But a few days later it will stop working again. I had to do this over the last weeks several times and it is very annoying.

Come on, this must be a known problem! Do you work on a fix or is this Dropbox sync issue just ignored because everybody is supposed to switch to iCloud?

• bhusari
    bhusari
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Yes, I tried same and disabled dropbox syncing and then selected again and it started working again. Not sure for how many days or syncs this will work. Based on my sync stuck after 3 days and Tobias above, it seems to work only for 3 days and then sync stops working. Certainly bug within app that needs to be fixed by 1Password team.

• bevk49
    bevk49
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue; sync between iPhone 6, iPad Air2, and MACBook using Dropbox not working. Sync now does not work Please fix

• bhusari
    bhusari
    Community Member
    Options

Hope this gets fixed in next update and we don't have to wait too long.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi folks,

Please try backing up your data:

Then reinstall the iOS app. If you have data that was only on your iOS device then go ahead and restore your data from the backup (instructions above). Then try setting up syncing:

Come on, this must be a known problem! Do you work on a fix or is this Dropbox sync issue just ignored because everybody is supposed to switch to iCloud?

Not at all. Most of us here at AgileBits still use and plan to continue to use Dropbox for the foreseeable future to sync our data.

Thanks!

ref: CSI-25

This discussion has been closed.