I CANNOT RETRIEVE MY LICENCE

Options
greenmillennium
greenmillennium
Community Member

I want to upgrade, but I need my license number. I bough my 1password for mac at the appstore. When I try retrieving I use all the emails I have, including the one on the App store account and it tells me there is no licence asociented with the email.

I contacted the app store and they told me to contact you guys.

What should I do?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Licensing for applications purchased via Apple, either through the iTunes App Store or the Mac App Store are managed by Apple and are tied to the Apple ID you used when you made your purchase. There aren't any licenses to retrieve in the conventional sense. If you sign into either App Store with the Apple ID you used when you purchased it, all of your applications will show there. You'll see them in the Purchased section.

• greenmillennium
    greenmillennium
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, so how do I see any options to upgrade? It requires a license number.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @greenmillennium‌ It sounds like you're trying to run a copy of 1Password that you've downloaded direct from AgileBits but what you need to do is download it via the Mac App Store if that is where you purchased it from. The two different stores use very different ways of ensuring legitimate usage of an app. When you purchase it direct from AgileBits you are sent a licence file but with Apple it's all about authorising an application based on your Apple account. AgileBits actually receive very little information about who has purchased 1Password when it's done via the MAS.

If you purchased it from the MAS then 1Password should appear in your Purchases section. You can re-download it from there and there should be no fiddling around with licences required. Can you confirm this is what you have done?

This discussion has been closed.