Updated from v4 to v5, now message says it's not compatible with my operating system

Options
firefly55
firefly55
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

Please

Your update wiped out my version 4 to 5 now when I want to open it gives me a message that this version is not compatible with my operating system. Are you kidding me, here I sit in my office start of the day and I can't access any of my accounts because your so called wonderful update does not work and all my passwords are in it..............

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@firefly55‌

You can download version 4 from https://agilebits.com/downloads near the bottom of the page is the legacy sections which contains version 4 downloads.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@firefly55‌ I can understand you being upset :disappointed: Could I ask for some more details though if you don't mind? To the best of my knowledge both versions of 1Password, MAS and webstore only offered up 1Password 5 if you were running Yosemite, certainly I couldn't see the upgrade until I'd moved from Mavericks. I'm just trying to understand how this situation reached. Hopefully you're back up and running from thightower's suggestion.

• mitchlund
    mitchlund
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. We are running Mavericks (10.9.5) and I inadvertently hit the upgrade, but am unable to upgrade and we aren't upgrading the OS at this moment (memory issues). So. Now I have version 5 that won't work and if I try to open version 4, it hangs and then doesn't respond. How do I uninstall or remove 5 cleanly? (I admit, I dumped the file in the trash because I was annoyed. I'm sure that didn't help.)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mitchlund‌

What I'd recommend doing is dragging all copies of 1Password to your Trash and then emptying it. Before doing anything else please reboot. That will take care of potential caching in Mavericks and in case 1Password Mini was still running.

At this point try downloading a fresh copy of 1Password 4 for Mac from here, specifically you're looking for the legacy section at the bottom of the page.

If you're still having troubles post back here and we'll continue in the fight to get you all working again.

This discussion has been closed.