1Password 5 buggy after update

Options
Philip Frey
Philip Frey
Community Member

I just did the latest update and now an error report window keeps popping up and disappearing. And I can't log into 1password. Please help. Thanks!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Philip Frey‌ What I'd suggest is, deleting your existing copy of 1Password from Applications and emptying your Trash so it is well and truly gone. Once you've done that download a fresh copy of 1Password from the place you purchased it which I suspect was direct from AgileBits (so here). A few users have had an issue with corruption in the update and downloading a clean copy has sorted them all out (I don't think anybody has reported back otherwise). An inconvenience I know but the solution is thankfully pretty simple. Hopefully you'll be up and running again in minutes :smile:

• Philip Frey
    Philip Frey
    Community Member
    Options

Here's the screenshot of the message.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Philip Frey‌ Are you saying that my suggestion of deleting 1Password and downloading a fresh copy didn't work?

• Philip Frey
    Philip Frey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables‌, thank you! Will all my logins and passwords be deleted?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Philip Frey‌ As long as all you are doing is moving the 1Password application from Applications to Trash then all your logins, passwords and preferences will remain untouched. It's why we don't recommend using a third party application uninstaller as they could delete your all important vault.

• Philip Frey
    Philip Frey
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, sorry. My second message overlapped with your first. I haven't done it yet.

• foelschlager
    foelschlager
    Community Member
    Options

System error is displayed that says: "1Password 5 cannot be opened because of a problem."

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @foelschlager‌ I've merged your thread with another as I believe they're the same issue. Could you check out my response in the second post please and see if that resolves your problem. Hopefully you'll be up and running again shortly :smile:

• il10aglia
    il10aglia
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there to everyone,

I'm sorry for this but today I update my 1Password 5 (Mac OS 10.10) to 5.0.2 but now I can't open. Crash and a crash. Thank you for your help.
    Best regards.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @il10aglia‌ I've merged your thread with this one as I believe they're the same issue. Could you check out my response in the second post please and see if that resolves your problem. Hopefully you'll be up and running again shortly :smile:

• il10aglia
    il10aglia
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @littlebobbytables for your help. I follow your second post and It works! Thanks Ciao

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it worked @il10aglia‌ :smile:

This discussion has been closed.