Halloween Discount on upgrade

Options
ymmij
ymmij
Community Member

Trying to upgrade from 1Password 4 Mac to 1Password 5 Mac.I used the link for the Halloween discount found in my email. I was asked for my license which I did.. Next page says great...I have 4 ways to upgrade. It gives a figure for the upgrade, but the select button is inactive.

What do I need to do to get the discount with the upgrade.

Thanks,

Russ

Comments

• Hi @ymmij,

1Password 5 is a free upgrade for existing version 4 license owners. If you are trying to upgrade a version 4 license, the select button is disabled since there's no upgrade available for you.

Your existing license can be used with 1Password 5, which can be downloaded here: https://agilebits.com/downloads

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• ymmij
    ymmij
    Community Member
    Options

Great. I have not updated to Yosemite yet, but was looking to save a couple of dollars and install it then.
    I assume this free upgrade from 4 to 5 will still be good in a couple of months time?

• Hi @ymmij,

Absolutely, your version 4 license can be used for version 5 whenever you choose to download the update. :)

• ratbag999
    ratbag999
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    I've got a family licence on v3 and a licence on IOS. I'm on beta version 4 on one mac and wanted to get them all on V5. Unfortunately, the halloween discount site doesnt give me an aption to upgrade as a family licence when I put my serial number in the site.

Any help appreciated

Regards
    Andrew

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There is now no "family licence". AgileBits changed its licensing to bring it more in line with the Mac App Store. This page on the AgileBits site includes the following:

Licenses can be shared by up to six family members living in the same household.

I hope that helps.

Stephen

• ratbag999
    ratbag999
    Community Member
    Options

Great....I hadn't spotted that...many thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ratbag999‌

I'm glad to hear that @Stephen_C was able to find the information you were looking for! If you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help. :)

• ratbag999
    ratbag999
    Community Member
    Options

All sorted and upgrade purchased - many thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ratbag999‌

So glad to hear you're all sorted! I hope 1Password works perfectly for you from now on, but if you have further questions, you know where to find us. ;)

This discussion has been closed.