1Password for Mac not syncing with 1Password on iPhone & iPad

Options
Lisa111
Lisa111
Community Member

I have read the iCloud sync discussions, but my problem is still occurring. I have 1Password on my Mac (v.4.4.2), iPhone and iPad (both v. 5.1). When I did my last MacBook update (to OSX 10.9.5) I got a message that my 1Password was incompatible. Now I can't get my 1Password on the Mac to sync with the one on iPhone/iPad. But I don't have any messages to update anything. Note - 1Password is syncing between iPhone and iPad. How do I fix so the Mac syncs?

Comments

• Hi @Lisa111,

Our new iCloud sync in 1Password 5 is not backwards compatible with 1Password 4.

In version 5, iCloud sync was rewritten from the ground up to use CloudKit, a new technology from Apple that’s built into OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and iOS 8. CloudKit is not available on OS X 10.9 or iOS 7.

1Password 5 requires OS X Yosemite, so that's why you're not seeing any updates available.

If you don't want to upgrade to OS X Yosemite and 1Password 5 for Mac, we recommend using Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync instead.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.