Enhanced Wi-Fi Syncing Needed - Feature Requests

Options
Mithrill
Mithrill
Community Member

Along these same lines as the better keychain formation options needed request, I would also like to see the ability to sync via Wi-Fi expanded in a couple of ways:

1. Support for sync to other computers rather than just mobile devices over Wi-Fi Sync. This would be good for families, friends, co-workers, and/or users with multiple devices who want to share vaults even more securely. As stated in the A look at Wi-Fi Sync, a new way to control your data with 1Password article, "For some of our customers, having complete control of their data is paramount." Expanding the functionality of Wi-Fi Sync would help 1Password better help concerned users keep control of their data while still being able to take advantage of the convenience of wireless syncing (i.e., not falling back to Folder sync to keep their data local when sharing vaults with other computers).
  2. The ability to only sync certain vaults via Wi-Fi Sync (i.e., not require the Primary Vault to be the only one which can be synced via Wi-Fi). While this is really needed if the first Wi-Fi Sync feature request is implemented, it would also be useful when Wi-Fi Sync is used/limited to syncing with mobile devices. This is the case because some folks might like to dedicate a vault as mobile only (i.e., a vault which contains the passwords essential to have on mobile devices, but not the more sensitive information typically only needed on their main computer). Te ability to select which vault(s) sync over Wi-Fi would be helpful since mobile devices are less secure. They are less secure because they are more prone to loss/theft and using a strong master password (and device unlock password) to protect against such theft is much less convenient, especially on devices which do not support TouchID, than it is on a computer which has a real keyboard.

Thank you for all your work to help folks keep their online accounts secure. I look forward to seeing how you continue to innovate and increase the security/privacy of 1Password.

Thanks again,

Comments

• Hi @Mithrill‌,

Thanks a ton for writing that up. You've explained your points extremely well. I'll make sure these views get relayed to the team.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.