iOS App logins

Options
reck
reck
Community Member

Wow guys you've really been busy getting app developers onboard with supporting 1Password, just had two updates today with apps that are now supporting 1Password logins. Congratulations.

Do I have to create a special login in order for these app's to see my credentials? How do the apps match with the correct login?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reck, thanks for noticing! We're really excited about all the developers who have added support for the 1Password extension. :smiley:

There's no special login required for the supported apps - you would create a Login item as usual. In the website field, simply enter the URL for the website associated with that app. (When you use the extension from the app, it will have 1Password search for logins with a matching URL.)

You can also create a Login item from an app that supports the 1Password extension. For more information about that, please see the section for "Creating a Login item in another app" in this page of the User Guide.

• byron
    byron
    Community Member
    Options

I'm trying to get this to work in the Acorns app, when I launch the 1Password extension it does show my acorns entry in the listing (I get a blank list).

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Drew.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome @reck! :smiley:

• davesmall
    davesmall
    Community Member
    Options

I love the fingerprint support and the extension in Safari. Works great.

App extensions should be great too but so far the wrong apps are supporting 1Password. It is the banks, stockbrokers, etc. where we especially need strong passwords that can't be committed to memory. I someone is assigned to bird dog those developers.

• Hi @davesmall‌,

There is no such thing as a wrong app, we'd love to see 1Password support in any apps that can support us.

For your banks, you should contact their support team and ask to add 1Password support, you can send them this link: https://github.com/AgileBits/onepassword-app-extension

This discussion has been closed.