v5.0.2 - rich icons not saving [moved to email]

Options
yauloon
yauloon
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

Just upgraded to v.5.0.2 from mac app store. When I create a new login and try to create a rich icon by dragging in a thumbnail to the icon placeholder, the new icon shows until I click save, then it disappears. If I edit an old login that has an icon that I have previously set, editing the icon causes it to disappear as well.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yauloon‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. I've done some testing here and I'm unable to recreate any error: custom icons seem to save just fine, whether I add an icon right when I'm creating a new item, or add an icon to an existing item. So, let's get a bit more detail here:

• Are you seeing this consistently, each time you try to work with custom icons, or are there just a few entries that are misbehaving?
    • How big are the icon files that you are adding? (Please provide a basic file size)
    • What format are the files?

Once we know a bit more, we might be able to re-create this issue, which is the first step to finding a solution!

• yauloon
    yauloon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan‌ - thanks for taking this up.

It is consistent behaviour, each and every time with every login entry.

My usual workflow when adding a login, is to create the login, find the company on twitter, and drag their twitter logo into the 1password rich-icon.

As soon as I drag the twitter logo into the 1password rich-icon, the logo stays there. When I click save on the new login, the rich-icon returns to blank.

When I edit a login's rich-icon, by dragging-in a new twitter logo, the logo sticks until I click save, then it returns to the previous saved rich-icon.

I've restarted my 1password app, and restarted my mac too. But can't get the rich-icons to work any more.

• yauloon
    yauloon
    Community Member
    Options

I've done a bit more testing, and I think it has something to do with file size or dimensions. Some smaller jpegs (128x128) will work, larger ones (500x500) will not.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yauloon‌ I just mocked up a bunch of silly little jpeg and png files between 220x200 and 700x700 and I couldn't reproduce the behaviour you're witnessing. If you're finding certain images allow you to consistently reproduce the bug would you mind posting the URLs of a couple of these images please. As you can imagine, the more information we can throw at a bug report the better it is for our developers and fingers crossed, the quicker it can be taken care of.

• yauloon
    yauloon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables‌ - this image does not work http://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1228129004/Venues.jpg - I have to download it, resize it down to 128x128 and then it works. I hope this helps. I would normally drag that image directly from twitter into 1password, but doing this only 'works' until I click save, then it blanks out. Download image, resize, drag file into 1password, save - that works.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yauloon‌ It's odd, I tried creating a new item and I can get that image to stick by dragging it from Safari to 1Password and saving. I might see if somebody more knowledgable than I can shed some light on this.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

@yauloon‌

Having conferred with colleagues I'd like to request a Diagnostic Report, ideally if you could so after reproducing the issue (so we know it's fresh in the logs).

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• yauloon
    yauloon
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried the image again, and dragging from safari browser to 1password temporarily shows on my login card. Clicking save removes the icon again.

After I did this, I generated the diag for you as requested. Please check your inbox. Let me know if there's anything I can help with @littlebobbytables‌

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @yauloon‌

I've found your ticket so somebody will get back to you via email :smile:

ref: DFY-77313-523, OPM-2575

This discussion has been closed.