How do i link my android 1password to my desktop 1 password

jl65
jl65
Community Member

How do i link my android 1password to my desktop 1 password so I don't have all my accounts that I added to my PC are linked in the android app

Comments

• Hey @jl65! There are two ways you can sync 1Password for Android with your Windows PC: Folder sync and Dropbox sync. For folder sync, you will need to manually copy over the 1Password data folder from your Windows PC and continue doing so every time there is a change in one of your devices. I should really mention folder sync is a manual process and is available as an advanced option for our users. Of course, if you're interested, you can also choose to use your own application or cloud-based service to handle keeping both of your devices in sync.

Dropbox is the sync solution I highly recommend for everyone. You don't have to worry about having to manually keep devices up to date as it automatically keeps all of your devices in sync. You just need to set up Dropbox sync once on each device! To get started with Dropbox sync, please follow the links below:

Windows PC

Android

Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

I have a similar problem: I want to sync my Mac-Database to my Android phone. I don't really like dropbox, so I choosed to sync by folder. The Android version should be capable of that, despite the missing listing at the link @RichardPayne‌ posted in post #2. So I synced (with seafile on my private server btw.) the file, but I'm not able to open the Database from my Mac (iPassword 5 trial) on my phone (trial also, but that shouldn't matter). I even changed to a very simple master password to be sure to get that right. But I'm still not able to open the database on my phone. After typing the password I get an error that allows to send me a bugreport, but the only answer I got for that hints that I could have forgotten my password ...
    Any other hint how to get that working? I would switch from keepass (that works better on android imo) to OnePassword (that's a lot better on my Mac) and even pay for it. I have 19 days trial period left now. If I can't get my android to open the Mac-database, I will switch back :(

• saad
    edited November 2014

Hey @verboese‌. Many of our users that are using a custom sync solution reported experiencing a similar error message after entering the master password. It seems as if some of the critical files from the 1Password data folder (.agilekeychain) are not being downloaded onto the Android device properly. I'm not sure if this is the same case with Seafile but as a test to see, could you copy the 1Password data folder (.agilekeychain) onto your device via USB? Please let me know if you're able to sync locally to that folder. This will help us understand if the problem is with the data file itself or with the sync solution. I look forward to your reply.

This discussion has been closed.