How do I view custom vault names in iOS client?

Options
bruinbits
bruinbits
Community Member

I've got multiple vaults: my primary, a shared vault with my wife, and a third shared vault with my parents. All three are sync'd via Dropbox across my multiple devices and their multiple devices using individually shared folders. All syncing and sharing is working flawlessly.

On Mac my vaults have appropriate names and unique colors that I configured. I think I named these vaults when setting up my Mac to view and sync to the (existing) Dropbox vault. Unfortunately in iOS the vault names seem to be some sort of default name and color. I can't figure out how to configure that.

Is it possible to configure individual vault names and colors on iOS?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bruinbits,

Is it possible to configure individual vault names and colors on iOS?

The simple answer is no, there is currently no option to choose the vault name or color in the iOS version of 1Password.

Were your wife's vault and parents' vault originally created as Primary vaults on their computers? If so, you may have customized the name & color when syncing them to 1Password on your Mac, but they still have their default name and color in Dropbox, which is what will appear when you add them to 1Password for iOS.

On the other hand, if you were to create a brand new secondary vault in 1Password on your Mac and sync it to Dropbox, then add it to 1Password for iOS, it would have the name you gave it on your Mac (although not the color).

I hope that helps to explain things, but let us know if you have more questions! :)

• bruinbits
    bruinbits
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, very interesting!

So my answer is 50/50: one of the vaults was created as a primary elsewhere and shows up in iOS as "1Password". The other was created as a secondary and in iOS I see the custom name I gave it. Both still have the OEM blue color, and offhand I can't remember if I changed the color at creation time for the secondary-type vault.

Sounds to me like the lesson here is that if one wants custom names that are persistent into iOS, create the vault as a secondary one on an existing desktop machine.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bruinbits, yes that's one thing I forgot to mention - the default name of a vault created as a Primary vault is "1Password".

Hopefully we'll be able to include more vault customization options in the iOS app at some point. :)

This discussion has been closed.