Need help with syncing

Options
millerla
millerla
Community Member

Background: 1Password is installed and working great on iMac 27" system for both my wife and myself (separate accounts). 1Password is installed on my wife's iPhone (5) and mini iPad. It is installed on my iPad and iPhone (5s). Nothing sync's or works on my wife's mobile devices - mini iPad or iPhone. Some login accounts sync for my iPhone and iPad, but not all of them.

I have read and followed all the setup instructions, including remerging with iCloud.

Suggestions?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @millerla‌,

First, can you tell me which sync service you want to use, iCloud or Dropbox?

If you're using Dropbox, are you guys sharing the same Dropbox.com account or separate accounts?

Let's first focus on your devices and the iMac before we switch to your wife's devices. Are there any errors that 1Password reported on your iOS devices? Please open 1Password on the iPhone, unlock, and go to Settings > Sync. Tap on Sync Now, can you tell me if there are any errors? If yes, let me know what it says.

If not, try tapping on Sync Service > Dropbox and than tap on Disable Sync. After that, enable the sync with Dropbox again and see if it will work now.

If yes, do the same with the iPad.

• millerla
    millerla
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info.
    I am using iCloud for all syncing. We have separate iCloud accounts. I opened 1Password on my iPhone, navigated to Settings and then Sync Now. No errors were displayed.

• millerla
    millerla
    Community Member
    Options

I then tapped on Disable Sync and started it again. Apart from a couple of login site errors (mine), everything worked fine on the iPhone. I then logged on to iPad and ran the same steps; netting the same results. Next I will try these same steps on my wife's mobile devices.

• Hi @milleria,

Please disable the Background App Refresh for 1Password in the iOS Settings app > General > Background App Refresh. We have a bug that we've just fixed recently where if the sync didn't proceed correctly in the background, Dropbox sync would be disabled silently in 1Password without any alerts to the users. The next 1Password update will have this fixed. You should do this for all devices to ensure it keeps syncing without any issues.

This discussion has been closed.