Switching between vaults

Options
achrisvet
achrisvet
Community Member

I created a second vault using 1PW on my PC. I can't figure out how to get the second vault to show up on my iPhone. Can someone help me?

I went into Settings, Security, Vaults. It tries to connect to DropBox but then it says the files are different and it does not recommend merging them. I have no idea what this means.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @achrisvet,

I went into Settings, Security, Vaults. It tries to connect to DropBox but then it says the files are different and it does not recommend merging them. I have no idea what this means.

That's strange, it should be creating a separate vault, not merging anything. Basically, the message means you're trying to merge the vault into an existing vault, not create a separate vault.

All you should have to do in 1Password on your iOS device is go to the Settings > Vault, tap on Add Vault, use Dropbox to add the vault.

Before we proceed, can you tell me if your second vault is not named Primary.agilekeychain or 1Password.agilekeychain? To find out, open your second vault in 1Password on your computer, go to the File Menu > Preferences > General. Next to the 1Password Vault, what's the name of the vault file at the end? Is it the same one you're adding in 1Password for iOS?

• achrisvet
    achrisvet
    Community Member
    Options

My second vault has a different name entirely: DAH.agilekeychain. They have the same password. Is that wrong? Thanks for your help.

• Hi @achrisvet,

No, that's fine but we don't generally recommend reusing master passwords at all. Imagine if you share your DAH vault with someone and you have to give the vault password, which means they'd know your master password for the primary vault as well.

Do you have the Dropbox app installed? Do you recall if you unlink 1Password from Dropbox in the past? We found a few more issues with the Dropbox and fixed them in the upcoming 5.1.2 update for 1Password.

• achrisvet
    achrisvet
    Community Member
    Options

I am using DropBox and I can see both files in 1PW's app folder. I have never unlinked from DB.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @achrisvet,

We released an update for version 5.1.2 for iOS today. Can you please install the update from the App Store and let us know if that helps? Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.