1P for Mac

Options
bernicazip
bernicazip
Community Member

Hello, up to now, I used 1P 4 on Mac+iPhone+iPad, and synced the whole thing through iCloud.. I recently upgraded to Yosemite on Mac and iOS on both iDevices. I understood that I had to dismount 1P and erase it on my Mac to re-buy it through MAS. What I did. Between iDevices, everything syncs perfect through iCloud. But on my Mac via MAS, I'm unable to reload (eventually of course to re-buy it via MAS). The MAS answers something went wrong between 1P Mac and 1P mini. I badly need to recover my 1P usage on Mac. Any advice ?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bernicazip‌

There are a couple of gotchas to be aware of when moving from one version to another. The first is 1Password mini may be running in the background unless you explicitly quit both, using the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌘Q for example. Then you want to have moved it to the Trash, empty it and then reboot just to make sure. That takes care of 1Password mini and caching that the last couple of versions of OS X has had (turns out it's pretty determined to cache stuff even if you've deleted it).

Then downloading it from the MAS should be all you need to do.

I'm going to link you to a guide about moving from the beta to the MAS version. While it technically pertains to the beta, because the beta is only available from AgileBits the instructions don't differ. There are the steps for how to transition from one to another and steps to check if two copies of 1Password mini are running and how to stop that.

If that doesn't assist, can you report back with a little more detail as to the error message and we can take it from there. Fingers crossed you get it working though :smile:

This discussion has been closed.