iOS Sync not reliable

Options
kbreit
kbreit
Community Member

I updated some logins on my Mac today and use Dropbox for the syncing. My iOS 1P installation appears to be set to sync using Dropbox but the changes aren't showing up. Last sync is said to be 15 days ago and pressing "Sync Now" doesn't update that date. What can I do to troubleshoot this?

Comments

• Hi @kbreit,

Can you first open 1Password on the iOS devices, unlock, and go to Settings > Sync. Tap on Sync Now, can you tell me if there are any errors? If yes, let me know what it says.

If not, try tapping on Sync Service > Dropbox and than tap on Disable Sync. After that, enable the sync with Dropbox again and see if it will work now.

Let me know if it works.

• kbreit
    kbreit
    Community Member
    Options

When I press "Sync Now" it changes to "Syncing" very quickly, fraction of a second, then goes back to "Sync Now" without updating the dates. It's too fast to actually be doing anything.

Disabling the sync appears to work, but I need to merge the vaults which can cause conflicts. Hopefully this won't come back.

• Hi @kbreit,

Please disable the Background App Refresh for 1Password in the iOS Settings app > General > Background App Refresh. We have a bug that we've just fixed recently where if the sync didn't proceed correctly in the background, Dropbox sync would be disabled silently in 1Password without any alerts to the users. The next 1Password update will have this fixed. You should do this for all devices to ensure it keeps syncing without any issues.

This discussion has been closed.