Trouble on Lollipop on the Nexus 9

danherbert
danherbert
Community Member

I just got a Nexus 9 and tried to setup my 1Password vault. Everything goes fine until I get to the first part where I need to enter my password. On that screen, the keyboard appears but there is no textbox. When I type my password in and press enter I hear a generic Android "click" like something may have been submitted, but nothing happens. I just remain stuck on the view prompting me to enter my password.

Has anyone else had success using 1Password on a Nexus 9, or any of the other Android Lollipop preview builds?

Comments

• danherbert
    danherbert
    Community Member

Small update: I realized I setup my 1Password folder incorrectly. Once I fixed this, I was able to sign in successfully.

However, there are still problems:

1. As mentioned in my original post, the textbox for entering the password is invisible. I can still type, I just get no visual feedback that anything is being typed. Also, when I press the "enter" key on my keyboard the app continues to sign in and set up my vault, but I get no visual indicator that anything is happening. Eventually the main 1Password view comes up with my logins and saved data, which is how I know it worked.
    2. The form for creating a PIN for my app also has the same problem of the text box never rendering and no visual feedback when typing the pin. I still see the prompts instructing me to enter/re-enter my PIN for setup, however.
  • johan98
    johan98
    Community Member

On my new Nexus 9, I didn't have any of the above problems (yet?) using the newest Beta version. But in landscape mode, the Sidebar with the list of Logins is way too narrow to show any Login names than one or two characters. Unfortunately I cannot take a screenshot of this problem because 1Password doesn't allow it.

• Thank you for your feedback @danherbert‌, @johan98‌. I have passed on the information in regards to the UI problems you guys mentioned on your Nexus 9. We plan to get a hold of the Nexus 9 tablet and perform further testing to fully support the screen resolution. In the meantime, if you find any other problems with 1Password on the Nexus 9, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.